Rules and Regulations
Our goal at Texas Petroleum Institute is to educate and assist our graduates in a comfortable and educational atmosphere. Therefore, if the instructors or students feel that any of these rules and conditions is making their learning experience uncomfortable or inadequate, please bring it to our attention and we will address this matter immediately. We reserve the right to dis-enroll any student anytime if these rules are not being complied with for the respect and safety of all.
· Any etiquette that we see as unfit that distracts, disrupts or can cause harm to yourself, peers or instructors will be deemed intolerable and that person will be asked to leave the classroom/lab.
· Due to the nature of the chemicals being used, it is extremely important to not only handle everything with care but to make sure everything is being used as directed.
· Please be on time to class. Students are required to complete 160hrs in class. We understand that life is messy, however, it is important to not be tardy in order to avoid missing out on valuable information.
· Cell phones may be kept in the classroom on silent and can be checked on break. We understand that things happen and you might need to take a call. If this becomes necessary, please take the phone call outside as a courtesy to your fellow peers and instructors. We reserve the right to ask students to leave their phone in the car if it becomes a disruption.
· Students are given 2 fair chances to abide by classroom etiquette rules. After the second offense the student will be removed from the course without a refund.
· Lunch will be 1hr. Please return on time. Food is not permitted in the classroom/lab except for medical reasons.
· All equipment and chemicals must remain in the classroom. Nothing may be taken home.
· Under no circumstances will any firearms or weapons be permitted on the premises at ANY time.
· All classroom/lab equipment provided by Texas Petroleum Institute is deemed property of Texas Petroleum Institute. If equipment or teaching material is removed from the classroom by anyone other than the instructors, they will be asked to leave and removed from the course. Law enforcement will be contacted and charges will be pressed.
· There is a ZERO tolerance drug and alcohol policy on the premises of the Texas Petroleum Institute. Students absolutely may not have or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If any student does not abide by this rule they will immediately be removed fromthe course without refund and asked to leave.
Under no circumstances are cameras and/or video cameras allowed to record classes or labs.